Any resident-foreigner can reunite with their immediate family members who live abroad: children, parents with special health needs, dependents, spouses including common-law marriage. To do this, you need to live in the country for a certain period and have funds necessary to support your relatives.


  • Legal residence in the country for at least 1 year.
  • Approval for renewal of the initial residence permit.
  • Proofs of having funds to support yourself and your family members during your study period.
  • Presentation of an official report of living conditions.
  • Proofs of having either owned or rented living space.
  • Not be a citizen or immediate relative of an EU country citizen.
  • No criminal record for the last 5 years.
  • No violation of the EU visa policy.

of the procedure

  • A person to be reunited receives the same type residence permit as a reuniting person including the right to work.
  • Status extension without leaving for home country.

permit processing time

The family reunification procedure is an effectively operating legalization mechanism in Spain. The only weakness is the processing time of application – official duration is 45 days, in practice it takes much longer. If you need to quickly apply for a residence permit, Spain Legal’s qualified specialists will assist you in all issues, competently prepare documents and support you in the immigration bodies.