If a citizen of an EU country plans to stay in Spain for more than 3 months, they shall have an EU residence certificate (Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Unión Europea).


  • Legal residence in the country for no more than 90 days at the moment of submission.
  • A valid passport.
  • Proofs of having funds to support yourself and your family members.
  • Provide justification (confirmation of seniority/duration of employment, birth or marriage certificate, confirmation of enrollment, etc.).


Citizens of the EU countries have the right to stay in Spain for 3 months having their passport and ID card with them, however, in case of a longer stay registration in the country is required.

The document
processing time

In most regions it is quite difficult to get scheduled due to the long queues. To accelerate the process, correctly file and submit documents, contact the lawyers of Spain Legal team who have extensive experience in interaction with еру migration authorities.